CrossFit Altius – CrossFit
“I would rather die of passion than boredom.” – Vincent Van Gogh
There are times in our lives, whether it be during training, at work, or even at home, where we question the choices we’ve made. These thoughts naturally arise when the going gets tough.
Certain times will challenge us. Certain times will leave doubts. Certain times will leave us beat up, worn out, exhausted. But truly… how awful would life be without them?
Uncertainty is pure gold. We know that’s where the magic happens.
Think back to a moment of uncertainty. The day we first talked to our significant other. The first time we went on a roller coaster ride. The first time we walked into a CrossFit gym.
Uncertainty makes us feel alive. If everything was known, expected and pre-determined, life would be so horribly boring. It wouldn’t be a life at all.
We only have one of these.
Let’s make it exciting.
We wouldn’t want it any other way
# WOD BRIEF + GROUP WARMUP (0:00 – 10:00)
## Warmup Run
200 Meter Easy Jog
## 30 Seconds
Plate Ground to Overhead
Plate Counterbalance Squats (Press Away From Body During Squat)
Deep Side Lunges
*Warmup completed with 15/10 plate
## Modified Barbell Warmup
10 Back Rack Elbow Rotations
5 Pausing Back Squats
10 Front Rack Elbow Rotations
5 Pausing Front Squats
Front Squat (Heavy Single)
10:00 – 35:00
* 25 minutes to build to a heavy single out of the rack
* Start with lighter weights and more reps early on
* Take longer rest and completed singles as the weight get heavier
# REHEARSAL (35:00 – 40:00)
## 1 Round
100 Meter Run
2 Front Squats
Front Runner (Time)
200 Meter Run, 2 Front Squats
200 Meter Run, 4 Front Squats
200 Meter Run, 6 Front Squats
200 Meter Run, 8 Front Squats
200 Meter Run, 10 Front Squats
40:00 – 55:00
## FRONT SQUATS
* Challenge yourself to go big, ideally unbroken
* This is the only place in the workout would we’d stop moving
* Fight hard through the big sets of 8 and 10
* Runs are more important at the beginning than at the end
* Choose a pace that allows for large, preferably unbroken sets on the barbell
Couch Stretch 1:00 per side